The QGSSSA Softball season runs from Saturday 3 February to Saturday 24 February 2024.
Compulsory Registration and Consent
Parents are required to complete the online registration and consent for their child via the school website.
Please complete the online web form including each sport that your child may undertake for the year. The web form generates a school consent form which is to be completed, signed and placed in the tray on the counter in the Extra-Curricular Office in room D101.
Team App for Coaches, Players and Parents
QGSSSA Softball is using a smartphone app as the main means of communication between coaching staff, players and parents.
Team App keeps member contact details private and no members can communicate with each other through the app.
To download, go to https://teamapp.com/app
- Sign-up using your name, date of birth and email address. You'll be sent an email to confirm your registration.
- Search for 'BSHS Girls Softball' and request access to the group which applies to you.
- Once your request is approved, you will be able to see news and upcoming BSHS Girls Softball events on your device or by checking your emails.
- Please note that turning on push notifications on the app allows you not to miss important posts as they are made, however, this can be switched off at any time.
Players must pay an annual levy for bus transport, sunscreen, equipment, administration costs, coach shirts, umpires, end of season dinner and trophies. All prior levies are required to be finalised before commencing the 2024 season.
Games and Venues
Please refer to Sport this Week for up-to-date information on times and venues.
Games are scheduled to be played on Saturdays in Term 1:
- Saturday 3 February
- Saturday 10 February
- Saturday 17 February
- Saturday 24 February
- Saturday 2 March - wet weather day
All games are played at Downey Park, Noble Street, Windsor.
- Students must attend 75 per cent of training sessions to be eligible for a pocket. Coaches must be informed of missed sessions.
- One or two compulsory sessions per week will be arranged at the discretion of the coach.
Students are to arrange their own transport to and from the venue.
Players must wear the following State High uniform items:
QGSSSA Softball is run entirely by volunteers. To help with set up, coaching or managing, please contact the Master-in-Charge.
End of Season Presentation
An end of season presentation dinner is held for QGSSSA Senior Softball and an end of season presentation breakup is held for QGSSSA Junior Softball. Details regarding confirmed venue and ticket availability will be advised once the season begins. Tickets are sold at the B Block Finance Counter and must be purchased by the closing date to enable catering numbers to be finalised. Once ticket sales are closed no further tickets will be available for purchase.