The QGSSSA Hockey season runs from Saturday 13 July until Saturday 4 September 2024.
Compulsory Registration and Consent
Parents/guardians are required to complete the online registration and consent for their child via the school website.
Please complete the online web form including each sport that your child may undertake for the year. The web form generates a school consent form which is to be completed, signed and placed in the tray on the counter in the Extra-Curricular Office in room D101.
Team App for Coaches, Players and Parents
QGSSSA Hockey is using a smartphone app as the main means of communication between coaching staff, players and parents/guardians. Team App keeps member contact details private and no members can communicate with each other through the app.
To download, go to https://teamapp.com/app
- Sign-up using your name, date of birth and email address. You'll be sent an email to confirm your registration.
- Search for 'BSHS Girls Hockey' and request access to the group which applies to you.
- Once your request is approved, you will be able to see news and upcoming BSHS Girls Hockey events on your device or by checking your emails.
- Please note that turning on push notifications on the app allows you not to miss important posts as they are made, however, this can be switched off at any time.
Players must pay an annual levy for bus transport to venues outside Brisbane, equipment, administration costs, uniforms, umpires, trophies and coach recognition. All prior levies and subject fees are required to be finalised before commencing the 2023 season.
2024 Games and Competitions
2024 games and competition dates are as follows:
Saturday 15 July
Saturday 20 July
Saturday 27 July
|St Peters Lutheran College||TBC|
Saturday 3 August
St Margaret's Anglican Girls School
Saturday 10 August
|St Hilda's School||TBC|
Saturday 17 August
|Ipswich Girls' Grammar School||TBC|
Saturday 24 August
Moreton Bay College
Saturday 31 August
|St Aidan's Anglican Girls' School||TBC|
|Saturday 7 September ||Brisbane Girls Grammar||TBC|
Please refer to Sport this Week for up-to-date information on times and venues.
Students must attend 75 per cent of training sessions to be eligible for a Pocket.
It is the players' responsibility to arrange their own transport to and from the venue, with the exception of transport to venues outside of Brisbane.
- QGSSSA Open Hockey team are required to wear Open singlet top, hockey skirt and hockey socks
- All other players are required to wear their BSHS Physical Education polo shirt, hockey skirt or HPE Shorts and hockey socks
- All players must wear a mouth guard and shin pads
- Wearing a soft peaked sports cap is optional
Hockey is run entirely by volunteers. To help with field set up, QGSSSA morning teas, coaching or managing, please contact the Master in Charge.
End of Season Presentation
An end of season presentation dinner for QGSSSA Hockey will be held at the end of Term 3; details will be sent out during the season.