The GPS Rugby season is from Saturday 17 July until Saturday 11 September 2021.
Compulsory Registration and Consent
Parents are required to complete the online registration and consent for their child via the school
Please complete the online web form including each sport that your child may undertake for the year. The web form generates a school consent form which is to be completed, signed and placed in the tray on the counter in the Extra-Curricular Office in room D101.
Team App for Coaches, Players and Parents
GPS Rugby is using a smartphone app as the main means of communication between coaching staff, players and parents.
Team App keeps member contact details private and no members can communicate with each other through the app.
To download, go to
- Sign-up using your name, date of birth and email address. You'll be sent an email to confirm your registration.
- Search for 'BSHS Rugby' and request access to the group which applies to you.
- Once your request is approved, you will be able to see news and upcoming BSHS Rugby events on your device or by checking your emails.
- Please note that turning on push notifications on the app allows you not to miss important posts as they are made, however, this can be switched off at any time.
Players must pay an annual levy for buses to games outside Brisbane, equipment, administration costs, coach apparel, referee expenses and trophies. All prior levies are required to be finalised before commencing the 2021 season.
GPS Season 2021
|Saturday 17 July ||St Joseph's Nudgee College||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Road, Carina |
|Saturday 24 July ||St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace||67A Vivian Street, Tennyson|
|Saturday 31 July ||Brisbane Grammar School||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Road, Carina |
|Saturday 7 August ||Anglican Church Grammar School||ACGS Playing Fields, Oaklands Parade, East Brisbane|
|Saturday 14 August||The Southport School||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Road, Carina |
|Saturday 21 August||Ipswich Grammar School||IGS Brassall Playing Fields, Pearse Drive Brassall|
|Saturday 28 August||BYE||
|Saturday 4 September||Brisbane Boys' College||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Road, Carina|
|Saturday 11 September||Toowoomba Grammar School||24 Margaret Street, East Brisbane|
Please refer to Sport this Week for up-to-date information on times and venues.
Training Schedule 2021
Students must attend 75 per cent of training sessions to be eligible for a school pocket award. Coaches must be informed of missed sessions. A training schedule will be released closer to the start of the 2021 season.
Please note: All students must change back into their day uniform before returning home, even if being picked up from a training venue.
Transport - Games and Training
- Boys are to arrange their own transport to all Brisbane games. Return charter buses will be organised for all Ipswich games and after school trial games.
- Return charter buses are arranged for Thursday trainings at Fursden Road Playing Fields. Buses depart State High from Ernest Street gate at 3:00pm and return at approximately 5:45pm. Alternatively, parents are able to collect students from Fursden Road at 5:15pm. Students are to leave Fursden Road in school uniform.
Game Day Uniform
All students are to arrive at the games in full school uniform (blue shirt, grey shorts, grey socks and school jumper or blazer) with the exception of the First XV players, who are to wear the formal school uniform. Note: Senior students are required to wear their blazer from May to September.
Players are required to wear their blue and maroon BSHS jersey, blue rugby shorts, maroon BSHS socks, mouth guard, boots and headgear are optional.
Prices are for products available from the school
Any other cold weather clothing is to be State High uniform only (e.g. BSHS Tracksuit).
GPS Rugby is run entirely by volunteers. To help with set up, canteen, coaching or managing, please contact the
Master in Charge.
The 2021 Rugby Sub-Committee is led by:
- Chairperson – Mrs Sue Duke
- Secretary – Mr Riaan Theron
- Treasurer – Mr Riaan Theron
Rugby Sub-Committee meetings are at 6:00pm in the Indoor Sports Complex (F Block - map). Contact the Rugby MIC for details. All interested parents and community members are invited to attend these meetings to discuss the upcoming Great Public Schools (GPS) season.
End of Season Presentation
Information will be provided to students regarding the trophy presentation evening.