Parents are required to complete the online registration and consent for their child via the school
Please complete the online web form including each sport that your child may undertake for the year. The web form generates a school consent form which is to be completed, signed and returned to the Extra-Curricular Office in room D101.
Team App for Coaches, Players and Parents
GPS Rugby is using a smartphone app as the main means of communication between coaching staff, players and parents.
Team App keeps member contact details private and no members can communicate with each other through the app.
To download, go to
- Sign-up using your name, date of birth and email address. You'll be sent an email to confirm your registration.
- Search for 'BSHS Rugby' and request access to the group which applies to you.
- Once your request is approved, you will be able to see news and upcoming BSHS Rugby events on your device or by checking your emails.
- Please note that turning on push notifications on the app allows you not to miss important posts as they are made, however, this can be switched off at any time.
Players must pay an annual levy for buses to games outside Brisbane, equipment, administration costs, coach apparel, referee expenses and trophies. All prior levies are required to be finalised before commencing the 2024 season.
2023 GPS Rugby Levy: $185
GPS Season 2024
|Saturday 13 July||Toowoomba Grammar School||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Rd, Carina|
|Saturday 20 July||Brisbane Boys College||Miskin Street, Toowong|
|Saturday 27 July||BYE|
|Saturday 3 August||Ipswich Grammar School||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Rd, Carina|
|Saturday 10 August||The Southport School||2 Winchester St, Southport|
|Saturday 17 August||Anglican Church Grammar School||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Rd, Carina|
|Saturday 24 August||Brisbane Grammar School||BGS Northgate Playing Fields|
771 Nudgee Rd, Northgate
|Saturday 31 August||St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace ||BSHS Playing Fields, Fursden Rd, Carina|
|Saturday 7 September||St Joseph's Nudgee College||2199 Sandgate Rd, Boondall|
Please refer to Sport this Week for up-to-date information on times and venues.
Training Schedule 2024
Students must attend 75 per cent of training sessions to be eligible for a school pocket award. Coaches must be informed of missed sessions. A training schedule will be released closer to the start of the 2024 season.
Please note: All students must change back into their day uniform before returning home, even if being picked up from a training venue.
Transport - Games and Training
- Boys are to arrange their own transport to all Brisbane games. Return charter buses will be organised for all Ipswich and Southport games and after school trial games.
- Return charter buses are arranged for Thursday trainings at Fursden Road Playing Fields. Buses depart State High from Ernest Street gate at 3:00pm and return at approximately 5:45pm. Alternatively, parents are able to collect students from Fursden Road at 5:15pm. Students are to leave Fursden Road in school uniform.
Game Day Uniform
All students are to arrive in full playing gear with the exception of the First XV players, who are to wear the formal school uniform.
Players are required to wear their blue and maroon BSHS jersey, blue rugby shorts, maroon BSHS socks, mouth guard, boots and headgear are optional.
Any other cold weather clothing is to be State High uniform only (e.g. BSHS Tracksuit).
GPS Rugby is run entirely by volunteers. To help with set up, canteen, coaching or managing, please contact the
Master in Charge.
The Rugby Sub-Committee is led by:
Rugby Sub-Committee meetings are at 6:00pm in the Indoor Sports Complex (F Block - map). Contact the Rugby MIC for details. All interested parents and community members are invited to attend these meetings to discuss the upcoming Great Public Schools (GPS) season.
End of Season Presentation
Information will be provided to students regarding the trophy presentation evening.