Anyone interested in the welfare of
the student body and local community, or learning about meeting
procedures and running events, can join the Student Representative
Participation includes attending meetings and volunteering for events.
There are different ways to join:
- sign up at the beginning of the school year
- approach any Student Representative Council Leader for details
- approach any of the teachers involved with the Student Representative Council (see 'Teachers involved in SRC' section below).
- Twice per term for the whole group
- Once per week for the leaders
Student Representative Council Leaders
are usually long-term members who demonstrate commitment and leadership
to the Council through their participation and initiative. They work
well with others, are interested in student welfare and respect the
Leaders meet every week and take responsibility for:
- jobs associated with the running of the Student Representative Council meetings
- planning and organising specific ventures.
Teachers/Staff involved in SRC
- Ms Alexandra Burns
- Ms Amanda Chamberlain
Completed/planned activities to date
- Valentine's Day roses (assisted the Prefects)
- Shave for a Cure gold coin donation
- Mother's Day Gift and Bake Sale
- Setting up desks and chairs for senior block exams
- 'Sweet Isolation' lolly jar competition
- Easter Treasure hunt
- Red Bag appeal for Wesley Mission
Mission statement and aims
Brisbane State High School Student Representative Council's mission is
to provide support and strength to our student body and local community.
The Council aims to:
- encourage participation in school activities
- help in matters concerning the welfare of our school's student body
- provide opportunities for leadership
- cater for State High's diversity of cultural talent
- support the activities of other groups within the school
- provide a forum to determine and discuss students' opinions
- support community initiatives and charities.