The School Museum was a gift from the Brisbane State High School Past Students' Association (BSHSPSA) in 1996 on the 75th anniversary of the school's founding in 1921. The museum was opened on 10 July 1996 by Mr Ray Fitzgerald , past student and former BSHS Principal (1971–1981).
The museum is open on Wednesday mornings during the school term. The museum is located on the ground floor of F Block, Vulture Street Campus. To find out about visiting the museum, email the Museum Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- uniforms, blazers and badges
- military memorabilia
- historical documents
- architectural documents
- photographs, videos, CDs and DVDs
- academic records and literature
- newspaper items
- history of the house system
- information on past principals
- sports, cultural, speech, and graduation programs
- reunion publications
- books published by past students
- academic achievements
- publications showcasing our Olympians
The Garnet Greenbury Collection displays a significant photograph from each year since 1921. Garnet was the school's first official Dux in 1935.
Donate your memorabilia
Please consider donating your treasured memorabilia to the school, where it will be preserved and displayed in the museum for all to enjoy.
To find out more about donating, email the Museum Curator at email@example.com.